Six of our talented students entered the competition hosted by the Rotary Club at Hope Academy on Wednesday 17th June.
The aim of the competition is to encourage young people to
- Learn how to cook a healthy meal
- Develop food presentation skills
- Consider food hygiene issues
- Develop organisational and planning skills
- Develop an ability to cope in a demanding situation.
The competition was and is open to students between the ages of 11-17.
The task is to prepare in two hours a three course healthy meal for two people costing less than £15.
All students who entered receive a medal and certificate.
1st, 2nd, 3rd receive a trophy and 1st and 2nd go through to the next round.
With an exceptional cheese soufflé
Produced perfectly delicate flavours throughout
A perfectly flavoured lime tart